Last week, I shared that this year, I have three words I want to describe the way I live:
But, remember none of us are capable of becoming better men, husbands, fathers, friends, coworkers, etc without Christ.
If you are in Christ, then Christ in you can and will enable you to live with passion, purity, and integrity!
And here is the Good News:
- If you place your trust in Jesus by faith, God forgives all of your sins(past, present, and future). He does this all at once, the moment He sees true faith in your heart in His Son (John 3:16). In that moment of true faith, the slate is wiped clean. Read Micah 7:18-19 if you want to be really encouraged!
- God remembers your sins no more! Jeremiah 31:34 states, “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”
- The moment you truly believe, the Lord sends His Spirit to dwell in you (Romans 8:9). This is what it means to be ‘born again!’ Your dead spirit comes alive and He makes you a new creation. You get to start all over! This is what it means to be IN Christ and Christ IN you! Read John 14:16-18 and Ephesians 1:13-14 for clarification.
- Once you are indwelt by the Spirit of God, then 1 John 4:4 and Philippians 4:13, apply to you.
- You can live in His power and truly live with passion, purity, and integrity!
This is the only way to live a life that is pleasing to God! And one day, when your life comes to an end, the Lord will bring you home to live with Him forever in Heaven (John 14:1-6)!
HAPPY NEW YEAR! And let’s live with passion, purity, and integrity by the power of His Spirit.